217 – The Boys Are Back
“Do my ears deceive me? Nope. It’s the third time this year. And it’s July, get the fuck outta here!”
– KRS-ONE, ‘Podcast’s Gonna Getcha’
Okay, so maybe KRS-One didn’t say this, but we know we’ve been gone for a minute … but we back!
Luckily, hip-hop hasn’t stopped though we took a bit of a break. Some choice jams from perennial favourites Pusha T, Madlib (Quasimoto), Dopplegangaz, and Mayer Hawthorne. Not to mention De La Soul, and quite possibly the first time we played an artist twice on feature cuts of theirs – and it not being a special episode (I’m looking at you Action Bronson).
And oh yea … JEROME’S IN THE HOUSE – WATCH YA MOUTH!
- Busta Rhymes - Shut 'Em Down 2002
- Pusha T - Numbers on the Boards
- Action Bronson - No Time
- Mac Miller - Suplexes on Top of Duplexes (f. Jay Electronica)
- Quasimoto - Seasons Change
- De La Soul - Get Away
- J. Cole - Forbidden Fruit
- Statik Selektah - Make Believe (f. Freddie Gibbs, Ea$y Money, Termanology)
- Dopplegangaz - Barbituates
- Azizi Gibson - Ghost in the Shell
- MED & Blu - Belly Full
- Action Bronson - Triple Backflip
- Tyler The Creator - 48
- Tree - Devotion
- Run the Jewels - Job Well Done
- Underachievers - Land of Lords
- Kanye West - Bound 2
- Mayer Hawthorne - Designer Drugs